Nintex Cloud – How to get values from People Picker control on Nintex Cloud Task Forms
When using Nintex Cloud, a frequent issue that needs to be overcome is obtaining values from People Picker control on Nintex Cloud Task Forms.
For example, suppose:
- you have a SharePoint Online form users submit, that assigns a task
- the process of the form submission activates a workflow that involves a user having to complete a task
- in order for that user to complete the task properly, they need to select at least one user from a Nintex People Picker Control
Unlike other controls on task forms, there is no single one-step ability to grab the user’s selected from a people picker control on the Cloud task form out of the box. However, rest assured! It is quite easy to do and won’t take a lot of development time to implement (unless you have a lot of task forms with numerous controls).
This post will detail the step-by-step process to follow. Basically, in three steps, you’ll modify your cloud workflows to gain access to the values selected on the Nintex Cloud Task forms.
For this example, the People Picker Control on the Task form is called “Tier 4 Manager” :
Ready? Here we go!
1) loop through each value, even if multiple values are not allowed in the control, so you can access the current value as an object:
2) Retrieve the email address property value (the User ID will probably work too, but I chose email) :
3) Update the relevant People/Group List column. In this case, the List column was also called “Tier 4”:
That’s all there is to getting values from a People Picker control on Nintex Cloud Task Forms!
Happy Nintex Automation Cloud building!
Please leave comments if you have any Nintex tricks or tips of your own to share!